Focus and Scope
Journal’s main goal is to contribute to the development of the contemporary medical science via presentation of fundamental and applied original scientific studies to the scientific and practical medical community that would widen and deepen the understanding of the most important problems in the field of traumatology, orthopaedics, and related specialties.
Our journal provides a direct open access to its content which is based on the principle that the open access option promotes global exchange of knowledge and experience.
The Journal contributes to education by means of publishing lectures and abstracts on specific topics.
- Development of the journal as a scientific and educational platform for researchers, doctors, post-graduates and residents
- Attraction of highly-cited authors to publish their studies
- Selection of manuscripts of scientific interest for readers that will impact on journal citation index in RINC
- Increase in the portion of publications submitted by foreign authors and studies conducted in association with foreign scientists; growth of citations in the journals that are included into global systems of indexing and reputable databases
- Improvement of the Journal’s web site in two languages for a greater accessibility by authors and readers
- Introduction of the Journal into global indexing systems
Topics of submitted manuscripts
Priority for publication in the journal "Genij Orthopedii" is given to scientific studies in the field of limb lengthening and reconstruction. However, integrated scientific studies or fusion of research streams as well as interaction of different scientific schools and directions are also welcome.
For mutual interchange of comprehensive knowledge, the list of subjects for publication has been expanded and is intended for both researchers and practitioners in traumatology, orthopaedics and related specialties:
– Experimental and theoretical studies in traumatology and orthopaedics
– Technologies of osteosynthesis:
- transosseous osteosynthesis
- intramedullary osteosynthesis
- combined osteosynthesis
– Reconstructive joint surgery
– Joint replacement
– Purulent osteology
– New methods of diagnosis and treatment of the axial skeleton
– Reconstructive plastic surgery
– Issues of vertebrology and neurosurgery
– Bone plasty and biomaterial in orthopaedic and traumatology
– Maxillo-facial surgery
– Reconstructive treatment in bone tumours
– Orthopaedicissues in systemic and hereditary (rare) diseases
– New methods of diagnosis in traumatology and orthopaedics
– Conservative treatment and rehabilitation of patients with locomotor apparatus pathology
– Orthotics and prosthetics in traumatology and orthopaedics
– Innovative technologies in traumatology and othopaedics
– Organization of health care
The Editorial board
1) remains true to the principles of scientific honesty and defends freedom of opinions;
2) несет ответственность за все материалы, публикуемые в журнале bears responsibility for all the material published;
3) aims to satisfy the needs of readers and authors;
4) publishes full updated instructions for authors regularly according to international standards;
5) decides on acceptance or rejection of the manuscript that is based on the significance, originality, clearness, and reliability of information and on the conformity with the Journal’s topics;
6) optimizes regularly the Editorial membership;
7) uses clear procedures in the operation process that would provide high quality publications including an objective unbiased and timely peer-review process by the specialists that possess required qualifications and statistical expertise;
8) accepts submitted studies with participation of human subjects or animals for peer-review if they conform with the international ethical standards;
9) protects confidentiality of the information obtained in the studies and of other professional activities of its authors;
10) pays attention to the issues of intellectual property and uses the instruments for detection of plagiarism in the manuscripts submitted for publication;
11) guaranties that the commercial interests do not impact on the editorial decisions;
12) encourages discussions, considers critical comments on the published works, and is open for studies that dispute the previous publications in the journal;
13) is ready to publish corrections, explanations, disproof and apologies;
14) does not make improper attempts to influence on the Journal’s rating by stating any increased indices.
There is no publication fee for all the authors.
The editorial board does not charge for open access, peer-reviewing, preparation of manuscripts for publication and electronic depositing of articles.
Access to the articles remains free.
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
Peer Review Process
All submitted manuscripts pass peer-reviewing. The Journal’s secretary receives the manuscripts, registers them, checks for conformity to the requirements with the instructions for authors adopted by the Journal. If the requirements have been followed, the manuscript is sent for peer-review to a specialist that has a close specialization in the topic of the manuscript. Reviewers are informed that the content of the manuscript should not be disclosed. Reviewing is blind. If the reviewer’s comments contain recommendations for corrections and improvement, the secretary sends the comments to the authors. The revised manuscript is re-reviewed. Final decision is taken by the Editorial council of the Journal. The author is informed on the decision by the secretary. In case the manuscript is rejected, a motivated letter is sent to the author. Manuscripts and reviewers’ original comments are kept with the Editorial board for five years.